Which Technology Is Best For Your Business?
Cisco’s Meraki offers a cloud based network solution to manage security appliances, ethernet switches and wireless access points including mobile device management (MDM) all under one umbrella. Meraki access points are built from the highest grade components and are carefully optimized for a seamless user experience. With Cisco Meraki access points you can expect faster connections, greater user capacity, more coverage, and fewer support calls. In addition, Meraki products contain the following features:
- Centralized Management: Meraki’s cloud networking provides centralized management, visibility, and control without the cost and complexity of controller appliances or overlay management software. All Meraki products are built for cloud management and come with layer 7 device and application visibility, real time web-based diagnostics, monitoring, reporting, and much more.
- Unmatched Visibility Control: The dashboard gives visibility into the network users, devices, and applications. Armed with rich analytics, administrators can quickly create access control and application usage policies, optimizing the end-user experience and network security. Meraki simplifies day-to-day operations by putting powerful tools in the hands of network administrators. Administrators are able to add wireless capability, manage complex environments, throttle bandwidth, and streamline device onboarding all with the click of a button.
- Automatic RF Optimization: With Meraki’s powerful automated RF optimization system, you can expect high performance in high density environment under challenging conditions. Automatically optimize WiFi through continuous monitoring, utilizing interference detection, and gaining real-time and historical metrics to ensure system-wide performance.
Ubiquiti offers high-end networking for virtually everybody. With their hybrid cloud configuration, Ubiquiti provides a secure, single sign on to access all of your UniFi deployments from anywhere in the world. Their UniFi Cloud Key is an integrated computer and software controller minus the bulk that is fully capable of managing dozens of UniFi devices in your deployment. By using Ubiquiti’s UniFi controller software you can expect the following features:
- Innovative Products for a lower price: There products include an In-Wall Wifi access point meant to replace your existing ethernet jacks while still providing wired access; or their cloud key system which is a plug-and-play device that can attach to any network to allow secure remote access to existing Ubiquiti networks. Virtually everything in their lineup is priced lower than competitors, and although they don’t offer automation and extra high end features like Meraki, they instead take a minimized approach focusing on good hardware and unlimited scaling for top-rack switching, aggregation, and security.
- Dashboard and Multi-Site Management: UniFi provides a visual representation of your networks status and delivers basic information about each network segment. In addition, the dashboard has the ability to automatically generate heatmaps of the wifi covers, overlaid with your floor plans, allowing you to quickly see how effective your coverage is. You also have the option to use configurable reporting and analytics to monitor large users groups.
- A Mixed Consumer/Enterprise Focus:With telecommuting and remote working on the rise, there is a need for putting enterprise grade equipment within the home. With Ubiquiti hardware, you have the ability to set up your business while also including an AP and switch for your home.